Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moments

I just had a "oh my gosh school is almost over what am I gonna do how am I gonna say goodbye this is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with" moment. I've been getting them a lot lately, probably because I get asked what day I leave at least 5 times a day. Sigh.


Next week will be my last week with the seniors. I don't teach any of them, but I love a whole lot of them. They have exams next week and the following week is senior week.  Knowing that soon they won't be hanging out in my classroom or coming in to say hi makes me sad. On a brighter note, I am looking forward to Senior Ball (aka the Samoan version of Prom) and Graduation (I will cry.)


Even though the seniors will be gone, I am lucky to still have so many freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to keep me entertained. Knowing that they'll still be around for an extra week is enough to keep me smiling. 
To deal with the panic attack moments, I first take a deep breath and after that, I remind myself that even though I call AmSam home and I have 200+ students that have become my family, I am soon to be going home to my actual home and the many friends and loving family that I have not seen in almost a year. It balances out the bittersweetness that's flowing through my mind right now.

1 comment:

mom said...

Well spoken.