Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Palagi! Palagi!

You know what's cute?

Samoan kids.

School got out at 2:00 today and as I started my walk home in the awful, scorching sun, an empty school bus pulled up next to me.

"Want a ride to the bus stop?"

"Yes, please!"

We drive a little further and the driver says that we have to pick up some of the elementary school kids.

As each child got on the bus, their eyes lit up at the sight of me, "Hi palagi!" "PALAGI!" "Hi." "Bye." "Hi Mrs. Quinn" (How they know my name, I really do not know.)

Some stared, others giggled. They were amazed when I asked them how their day was. Who knew a palagi could talk?!

As I hopped off the bus, they all yelled, "BYE PALAGI!"

I walked away from the bus laughing and feeling so, so happy that I am where I am at this point in my life.

No comments: