Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Random Adventures with Quinn

New dress! Never in a million years would I have picked this out in the States. I guess living on an island and having a billion fabrics to choose from will do that to you. The plus? Having it made just for me. 


I even wore a Samoan sei in my hair - a fake flower that most women wear to match their ofu (clothes). 

It's soccer season in AmSam. Oh, the views.

Wrestling season passed, but Leone won the island-wide championships! Go Liona! 

Hanging out with some runners after school. 

The main road on the island. You really can't get lost here. 

Hanging out of a bus in Leone.

 I came home from an adventure one day to find Mavaega and Kolio working on a puzzle my mom had sent for them. It was adorable. 

Grinning! : )

Complete concentration 

We played some hardcore games of badminton and then took a break to take some pictures and some funny videos. Props to Kolio for snapping this picture. 

 It is unbelievable how many times Abby and I have both walked out of our rooms matching. At this point, we just yell, "REALLY?" and then one of us goes to change. 

The movie came here! This is myself and my field director, Drew. He also read the HG in his classes last year, so of course, we were both stoked to see the movie. We went on Friday night...halfway through the movie, the flippin' power went out! We sat there for another 1.5 hours before the theater gave us re-admit passes. We finally got to see the entire movie on Saturday. Whew!

Remember that time I slid down a mountain? Yeah, that was fun. This was how we got to the waterfall - a construction/gravel pit/landfill/green lake zone. We asked one of the men why the water was green. He responded with a look of question. He proceeded to walk over and look at the water as if he had never noticed it was green. "I don't know," he shrugged. We all laughed. Anyone else know? Maybe some sulfur?
Once again, I conquered the "hella" steep road to Aoloau (aka Alaska). This time, I walked all the way to the end of the village. If I could pick anywhere else to live on the island, I would pick here. Not only is there barely any humidity, but you can see for miles and miles and miles! Check out those rainstorms on the ocean. There's one on the left and one on the right.


Our amazing swing choir. These are the students that went to Apia over Spring Break. Several of my students had solos, including one who sang "Boogie Shoes." Precious.


They are BFFs and they matched. Perfect photo op.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Enjoyed your big blog! So many topics and so many great pictures. You look so pretty in your dress and ear flower, Quinn. It is interesting to see the wrestlers in tee shirts and shorts and not singlets or head gear?

My guess about the green water is algae?