Saturday, February 4, 2012

Woo hoo fast internet = lots of pictures!

I have spent most of my day sitting in the Laufou shopping center in Nu'uuli using the high speed internet. I can upload a picture in less than a minute. At home, it takes me at least 15 minutes. Whew. Anyways, here are some more pictures for you to enjoy!
Myself and some adorable neighbor kids.
The LHS JV and Varsity basketball teams. Woo, go Lions!
Cute little men lounging on the beach in the village of Malota.
When Erin was here, we hiked up to Blunt's Point. It's about a half mile hike, so nothing too difficult!

The Pago harbor is behind us. Photographer Abby made sure that the tuna boat made it into the picture.

On one of Erin's last days, we walked/trekked/panted up the ridiculously steep road to the village of Aoloau. It was a great walk. Tiring, but I did it in my Chaco flip flops so I guess that makes me an extreme hill walker.
In case they forget where their bell (oxygen tank, ha!) is?

Slowly reaching the top. Check out that view!... and the super steep road...
Up, up, up we go.
We didn't climb all the way to the top of Aoloau because we ran out of water, but we were happy with the view that we did get to see.

The Aoloau kids/Snow Boys call this "The Sap." I'm not sure if I am spelling that right or not. It's a frame for a house. Not quite sure what happened to the house. Anyways, it's their hangout spot.
Perfect picture frame!

Speaking of Aoloau, these are two of the Snow Boys that like to hang out in my room. We, of course, are repping the West Side.
Hot, sweaty, happy friends!

4 comments:

Mom said...

The sweat of it all.
Glad you found some fast internet- the pictures are great!

Jovan and Rich said...

Love all the new pics!

Auntie N said...

Go Erin!

Unknown said...

I was just helping an acquaintance with researching his family name and ancestry and in a search for 'A'oloau' came across the pics of the house---fascinating to see it. My father grew up in that house until he left for O'ahu to attend high school on O'ahu, Hawai'i, in Kalihi. I last set foot there in 2006. The home belonged to paramount high chief Lualemana once upon a time. There are many stories connected with that house and the family.