Friday, February 17, 2012

Whoa.

Have I ever told you about something really bizarre that happens on this island? Well, I've told you about lots of bizarre things, but this one in particular always leaves me saying "whoaaaaa."

A lot of the time, it rains when it is sunny out. I'm talking about full blown, scorching sunny. I walked out of my house today and got double protection from my umbrella. I didn't get wet, and I didn't get sunburned at 7:15 a.m. Kinda makes me say, "what the?" (quoting from Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer). Have any of you read it? It is SO good. I'm not that far into it, but I think that the little boy would be my best friend if he was real. I just Googled it and see that they recently turned the book into a movie. I'll have to see it when I get home.

Anyways, back to the rain and sun. As I lifted my head from underneath my massive umbrella, my jaw dropped. What did I see?

A triple rainbow. That's right, a triple rainbow. Oh-em-geeee "whoaaaa!" I was amazed. I couldn't believe it. It was incredible. As I stared at it, it made me think of this video (sorry it isn't a youtube video...they block youtube at school):  double rainbow

That was a sign to me that today is going to be a great day at school.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Libby said...

and then you got your box from us! a GREAT DAY! yay! happy friday. love and miss you! can't wait to give you presents in person!

Amy Guevara said...

Hi Quinn! I see you're dong world teach in Am Sam! My husband, 20 month old son and I are moving there in exactly 4 weeks from South Florida for my husband's job! I was googling runners in Samoa and your blog post about the running club popped up... I'm a pretty dedicated runner and would love to find a running buddy out there...anyway maybe we can "pen pal" or something over the next few weeks

AmyG

Quinn said...

Amy - awesome that you are moving here! Do you have any ideas where you will be living yet? Feel free to email me (qbolander@yahoo.com) if you have any questions about packing/AmSam/anything! In regards to running, it is so hit or miss here. The humidity is awful, the dogs can be awful (depending upon where you run) and well, it's just an adventure! We will have to meet up to run sometime!